The K-3 visa was created to reduce the separation immediate family members may experience while waiting abroad for an immigrant visa. The K-3 visa benefits spouses and children under 21 of U.S. citizens, who are waiting abroad for an immigrant visa. This allows them to come to the U.S. as non-immigrants, re-unite with their family here, and then apply for permanent resident status while in the United States.

Pursuant to this nonimmigrant visa classification, spouses of U.S. citizens are granted "K-3" visa and the unmarried children (under age 21) are granted a "K-4" visa. In order to qualify for the "K-3" visa, the U.S. citizen spouse must first file a visa petition (Form I-130) for the alien spouse and then file a K-3 Petition (Form 129F), after receiving the I-130 receipt notice from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, (USCIS). The USCIS must approve the K-3 Petition before the spouse and children become eligible to apply for a "K" visa from the Consulate abroad. To be eligible for a "K-4" visa, a child applicant does not need to have a separate Form I-130 or Form I-129F. "The K-4" applicant must be the unmarried child (under 21 years of age) of the "K-3" visa applicant.

Here's How We Can Help You:

  • We will review your eligibility for the immigration benefit and identify any potential legal issues that may affect your eligibility.
  • We will help you gather the necessary documents in support of all relevant applications and petitions
  • We will prepare and submit all relevant applications and petitions with the appropriate U.S. Government office and ensure the submission of the correct filing fees
  • We will handle all communication with the appropriate U.S. Government office up until the interview is scheduled
If you have any questions about the K3 visa, contact the Law Office of Raul Ray at (408) 279-5793.
Fields marked with * are required
I accept the terms of use


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
X Close

Captcha Image