Our attorneys have helped foreign nationals from around the world obtain their green cards in the United States or immigrant visas in their home country on the basis of their marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. We help our clients avoid delays and mistakes and ensure that your case is well-documented and successfully adjudicated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security or US Consulate or Embassy. We are involved every step of the marriage based immigration process.

Whether the foreign national is pursuing adjustment of status or consular processing abroad, we are involved every step of the way. Here's what we do for our clients who retain us:
  • We review your eligibility for the green card or immigrant visa and identify any potential legal issues that may affect your eligibility.
  • We help you gather the necessary documents in support of the green card and immigrant visa applications and family petitions.
  • We prepare and submit the green card or immigrant visa application and family petitions with the appropriate U.S. Government office and ensure the submission of the correct filing fees
  • We handle all communication with the appropriate U.S. Government office up until the interview is scheduled
  • We provide guidance to our clients in gathering the necessary joint asset and liability documentation to prove that the marriage is bona fide and not a sham marriage.
  • We prepare our client thoroughly for the interview whether they are questioned separately or together. The key to success in marriage based green card cases is preparation. We cover all aspects of the interview, provide our clients with sample marriage questions and do mock interviews.
  • We represent the foreign national and the U.S. citizen or permanent resident petitioner and appear with them at the adjustment of status interview in the United States.
For more information about whether a foreign national is eligible based on marriage to apply for a green card in the United States or whether it is advisable to pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate, contact the Law Offices of Raul Ray at (408) 279-5793.
Fields marked with * are required
I accept the terms of use


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
X Close

Captcha Image